Sunday, March 29, 2015

Your word against Theirs.

Recently a friend and I went to a very well known restaurant here in beautiful San Francisco. Our food was good and the waiter was cool but he got a little too relaxed with us. The guest I was with is also a bartender so when he found out that we both were in the service industry, he loosened up...but got a little too loose. He started telling us about how he hated this table two down from us and how he doesn't like anyone and blah blah blah. I get it. I get into moods where I hate everyone too but I certainly don't tell my customers about it. Save that for your fellow waitstaff and let them know about how table 23 can fuck off. Moving on. When it came time to pay the bill, I had a card and my guest had cash. She pulled out two $20's, a $5 and four $1's totally $49.00. She handed the cash to the server and I handed him back my card. The bill was about $100 so when the server came back and handed me my bill, I was shocked to see that he had only taken off $9. WTF?! We quickly flagged him down and he stated that No, she had only given him $9. He is saying this while he is holding two $20's in his hand. When she politely asked him why he had two $20's, he shook it off and said this is from something else.

This is the thing, the guy had told us that we were his first table of the day prior to this. When we glanced over at his money pouch, there were more $20's in it. Strange right? My friend was now also missing her money. A big scene breaks out in the restaurant between my friend and the server. He then tells her "You're making a scene." WOW. So I ended up paying $89.00 for our meal after he clearly had misplaced or pocketed our money. He asked to get the manager but there was nothing we could do. It was our word versus his. In my professional career of being in this industry I have never seen anything so unprofessional in my life. Its pretty sad actually because up until this point I had never had a problem with this place. It was actually one of my favorites but I will definitely never be going back. Wanna know where to go get ripped off? Sorry. #notsorry






No comments:

Post a Comment