Sunday, March 29, 2015

Water Conservation. Terrifyingly real...

California is in a terrible drought.

That being said, the shortage of water has turned into an eye opening and terrifying reality. I am honestly scared of the future and were talking about a very NEAR future. It is being predicted that California only has one year left of their reservoir water supply. It is now against the law for servers to bring water to the table unless upon request.
Here is my issue with this. DO NOT ASK FOR WATER IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO DRINK IT! I have no problem bringing water to you and your guests if you are dehydrated and have been out walking all day. The weather is getting warmer so more water is going to be consumed. Unfortunately we have those who think they are above water conservation or they just plain don't care. So many times this past week I have had tables come in and before I can even greet them at their table they request water for everyone. Then they order other drinks and don't even touch it. Its such a  selfish thing to do.  I don't understand how people cannot take this issue seriously! We are going to run out of water in a very short period of time. My guess is that you are now going to have to pay for water when you order it at a restaurant or bar. I would definitely help and although it's going to suck, it would help put money into a study to figure out a way to bring the water down from the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Just a personal theory.


But let me sum up my rant. If you are going order water at least have the decency to drink it.

No comments:

Post a Comment