Sunday, April 26, 2015

Happy Hour Adventures Part 3

Hooray! My favorite part of blogging is doing bits like these where I get to write about getting drunk and eating delicious unhealthy food. What woman wouldn't like doing this? This week I ventured over to Southside Spirit House in the Soma district of beautiful Downtown Spirit House. I have heard great things about their specialty cocktails so I had to try it for myself.

To start off with, this place is busy. Very busy.

It was hard finding a spot at the bar and when I got up there, I was crowded around with suits and women in high heels they could barely walk in. You get the vibe that it is a big FiDi hang out. (For those of you that don't know, FiDi means Financial District.) When I was waited on, the bartender was very sweet and charming. A dark haired girl with a cool haircut and covered in tattoos. She made me a drink called a Resurrection which consisted of jalapeƱo vodka, sweet and sour and green chartreuse. I could have done without the chartreuse but I will say that I had two more after the first ones. They were delicious.

I was surprised to see the menu. It was not huge but the food they had listed was different. Carnitas tacos, deviled eggs and a killer cheese plate were brought out and placed in front of my friend and me. The deviled eggs are a forced to be reckoned with. The cheese plate was big for and hearty for only being $18. (Thats cheap for SF.) The tacos were killer. The meat was soaked in a Deshutes beer and cooked to perfection.

The music was great and the vibe was killer once the d-bags from FiDi left. My friend and I ended up stayed past happy hour and cabbing it home. I highly recommend this place to anyone but come after Happy Hour because there is a good chance you won't get in. Check it out!!

SouthSide Spirit House SF


No comments:

Post a Comment